Darrin Moreira, Jr. Heat 18u Girls - Head Coach
Darrin grew up in the gym watching his dad coach volleyball from a young age. This early involvement grew into a lifelong passion. As a player Darrin competed for BC’s provincial team and won a championship with the Capilano University Blues. He also competed internationally in Olympic distance triathlon.
Since moving on to coaching he is now the UBC Okanagan men’s volleyball assistant coach. He’s previously been involved with several other universities as well as Team BC for several years & spent time with Team Canada Women’s Volleyball. Darrin has a master’s degree in coaching from UBC. His research focused on performance characteristics in Olympic women’s volleyball. He is also a national level referee and has worked as a strength & conditioning coach in Bobsleigh-Skeleton and Track & Field.
Some of his career highlights include:
- Team BC Men’s Volleyball – Head Coach (2019) Canada Cup Gold Medalists
- UBC Okanagan Heat – Assistant Coach (2018 – present)
- Volleyball Canada Regional Excellence Program Coach (2018 – present)
- Jr. Heat Volleyball Club – 18U Girls Head Coach (2018 – present)
- Team BC Men’s Volleyball – Assistant Coach (2017/2018)
- Team Canada Women’s Volleyball – Assistant Coach/Performance Analyst (2017)
- Force Volleyball 18U Boys – Assistant Coach (2017) Volleyball Canada National Champions
- TWU Spartans – Assistant Coach (2016 – 2018)
- Capilano University Blues – Assistant Coach (2014 – 2015)
- Team BC Bobsleigh/Skeleton – Push Coach (2013-2017)
- UBC Thunderbirds – Assistant Coach (2010 – 2013)