About Jr. Heat
To provide the best development opportunity for volleyball athletes in the Okanagan.
- To prepare athletes to compete at the Canadian post secondary level (U SPORTS and CCAA).
- Develop a connection between the Heat club athletes and the Heat varsity athletes.
- Develop athletes that will become leaders in the volleyball community.
Jr Heat Volleyball Club AGM
Location & Time: TBA
The Heat Teams:
- 18U Girls (for female athletes born in 2001 or later, including those born in 2000 Sept – Dec.)
- 17U Girls (for female athletes born in 2002 or later. This team could include a small number of underage players).
- 15U Boys (for male athletes born in 2004 or later).
Club Fees for the 2019 Season:
Junior Heat Volleyball Club fees are to be determined – club fees will cover the following:
- Coaching honorariums & fees
- Volleyball BC & Volleyball Canada registration
- Tournament entry fees
- Volleyballs and equipment
- Facility rentals
- Physical training
Fees do not cover accommodations, transportation or food:
We welcome parent and family member spectators at tournaments, and offer all athletes the option of staying/travelling with their parents, or with teammates under parental supervision.
Teams will practice 2 to 3 times per week in January / early February. Teams will practice 3 to 4 times per week from March to May. This will allow athletes that are participating in other programs such as the Volleyball Canada Regional Excellence Program or school based programs to continue with those programs during the early part of the club season.
15U Boys’ Competitions:
- Coming Soon
17U / 18U Girls’ Competitions:
- February 23-24, Super Series in Burnaby, BC
- March 16-17, Super Series in Kelowna, BC
- March 22-24, Heat Invitational in Kelowna, BC
- April 19-20, Provincial Championships in Richmond, BC
- 17U Girls National Championships
- May 8-11 in Toronto, Ontario
- 18U Girls National Championships
- May 11-14 in Toronto, Ontario
Other competitions may be added, most likely in early April 2019.
For more information on the Jr. Heat Volleyball Club please contact: